Premium Audit Coordinator
UFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially stable company. While we’ve always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. We've been named an Iowa Top Workplace by the Des Moines Register for four consecutive years, and included on Forbes’ “America’s Most Trustworthy Financial Companies” every year since 2014. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
UFG is seeking a Premium Audit Coordinator to join our team!
As a Premium Audit Coordinator you will:
- Initiate voluntary & phone audits with insured or representatives of the insured to obtain premium for auditable exposure, Review incoming audits, outside and voluntary, for accuracy and completeness.
- Process and bill voluntary, outside reps and fee company audits.
- Determining most efficient and cost effective audit method -- outside, phone, voluntary, or Fee Company.
- Provide technical assistance to insureds, agents, and coworkers.
- Obtain year-end additional and auditable premium on phone and voluntary audits.
- Discuss and sell the new auditable premium with the insured.
- Code phone audits & underwriting adjust term to avoid future uncollectible audits.
- Interview insured & obtain future sells and/or payroll for underwriting to adjust current term premium to reduce additional audits.
- Obtain accounts exposure basis through financial information & tax records obtained by voluntary and phone audits. Transfer information into Imaging System.
- Obtain/determine appropriate class codes - close adherence to Bureau Rules.
- Verify subcontractor activity regarding adequate limits - obtain Certificate of Insurance.
- Complete mid-term audits on accounts with increasing sales/production.
- Call insureds on audits designated for phone audits.
- Two year college degree
- Completion of INS 21-22-23
- 3+ years of premium audit experience
- Experience with MS Office Suite including Word & Excel
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong math aptitude
- 5+ years of premium audit experience preferred
- Four-year college degree preferred
- CPCU & APA designation preferred