Senior/Large Accounts Premium Auditor
Join Our Team
We’re excited you’re considering joining a great place to work! At Texas Mutual, we value our employees. Our service-driven culture, competitive compensation and benefits, award-winning wellness program and excellent career opportunities make Texas Mutual a great place to work.
About this PositionAssesses, identifies, and calculates the earned premium exposure for the most complex and largest accounts. Conducts large and complex audits as assigned in accordance with the company’s audit plan and regulatory rules. Participates on large account service teams. Works under limited supervision.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Support the Company's premium audit initiatives by:
- Conducting final audits on assigned large or complex accounts
- Providing additional premium audit services, including pre-audit surveys, assisting in the establishment of effective policyholder record-keeping, and being a resource for classification code use
- Participating in large account committee or team meetings as required
- Providing technical assistance, training, and mentoring regarding specific and/or general audit questions to other staff
- Applying premium audit principles on accounts by:
- Identifying and applying classification code(s) to determine appropriate premium exposure, including researching an account prior to audit, observing the workplace and asking pertinent questions
- Performing analysis to identify the reasons behind any significant increase/decrease in premium/payroll exposure
- Ensuring all premium exposure has been accounted for
- Communicating all premium saving opportunities available to the policyholder through financial record-keeping and classification of employees
- Communicating all upcoming changes to the policy exposure based on the policyholder’s current operations
- Communicating final audit results to the policyholder
- Preparing final premium audit reports by entering audit results and submitting final audit information using premium audit system
- Reviewing, validating, and correcting claim classification codes
Determine the actual earned premium on accounts at final audit by:
- Reviewing and examining the policyholder’s financial records;
- Verifying the relationship between a policyholder and their subcontractors, per the requirements of the labor code, to determine any risk exposure; and
- Applying appropriate classification codes when applicable in conformance with the basic regulatory manual as well as departmental policies and procedures.
Identify and notify premium fraud investigations of accounts that are suspected of fraudulent practices, including:
- Participating in premium fraud investigations, estimating premium losses ,and providing depositions when requested; and
- Providing expert testimony in any litigation.
- Position requires in-state travel on a daily basis.
- At least five years of experience in premium audit or property/casualty underwriting, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential job function
Texas Mutual Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.