Premium Audit Consultant II
This position will be a field position with the responsibility for conducting premium audits in central and northern Wisconsin. Ideal candidate would possess workers compensation auditing experience in the state of Wisconsin. Extensive travel, mainly by auto required. Some overnight travel may be required. Amount of overnight travel will be determined based upon workload. Company fleet car provided in accordance with our company mileage expectations. Field position operating under our remote worker policy and based in candidate's home office. For consideration, please submit resume in Word format and cover letter and complete application online.
Responsible for performing telephone and field audits in a multi functional business unit, within established authority levels. Reviews accounting and financial information necessary to determine appropriate exposures for policyholders' employees and subcontractors.
- Performs online, telephone and field audits, within established authority level.
- Contacts agents to review audit results, prior to invoicing on large accounts.
- Collects all pertinent data and documents needed to calculate policyholder's premium liability.
- Interviews policyholders to obtain further information concerning premiums; e.g., payroll and personnel records.
- Performs physical audits on multi-state accounts, as required.
- Communicates completed audit information with contact and ensures results are understood.
- Reviews policy information by referring to Workers Compensation manuals, class codes and rules and prepares for audit in determining insured's correct operations.
- Notifies business unit of necessary changes in entities, officers, partners, etc. to ensure that policy is properly endorsed.
- Maintains confidentiality of information processed.
- Works with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrate progressive responsibility and technical knowledge applying principles based on experience.
- Work on complex problems which have broader impact.
- Independently resolve situations.
- Contribute effectively in cross functional teams; may take on leadership role.
- Demonstrate proper collaboration in exchange of relevant elements with other disciplines (e.g., claims, underwriting).
- Develop recommendations to change existing policies/programs.
- Demonstrate well-developed conflict management/negotiation and presentation skills.
- Provide assistance with training, development and mentoring of premium audit staff.
With proper education credentials, three years relevant insurance experience which provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities. Two years Premium Audit experience.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Ability to work effectively in a multi functional business unit.
- Knowledge of workers compensation insurance including knowledge of occupational classification codes and rules.
- Ability to quickly and accurately work with many variables to arrive at premium calculations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret policy documents, technical and financial information, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to initiate insurance transactions in compliance with all policies, procedures, legal and ethical guidelines.
- Ability to perform necessary mathematical computations.
- Ability and proficiency in the use of computers and company standard software specific to position.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective presentation skills in a variety of settings.
- Ability to negotiate while establishing a personal rapport and maintaining an effective working and client relationship, both internally and externally.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, establish workflows and meet necessary deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of, and the ability to apply, relevant local, state and federal rules and regulations, including multiple state-specific workers' disability compensation acts.
- Ability to assist with training, development and mentoring of premium audit staff.
- Ability to analyze and solve practical problems which deal with a variety of factors.
- Ability to make competent, independent decisions.
- Ability to understand and implement procedures and processes.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office environment or in the field with minimal hazards. Travel is required, with occasional overnight stays. Ability to lift and carry computer equipment weighing up to 35 lbs.