Premium Audit Consultant II
Responsible for performing telephone and field audits in a multi functional business unit, within established authority levels. Reviews accounting and financial information necessary to determine appropriate exposures for policyholders' employees and subcontractors.
RESPONSIBILITIES/TASKS: (Core for All)
- Performs online, telephone and field audits, within established authority level.
- Contacts agents to review audit results, prior to invoicing on large accounts.
- Collects all pertinent data and documents needed to calculate policyholder's premium liability.
- Interviews policyholders to obtain further information concerning premiums; e.g., payroll and personnel records.
- Performs physical audits on multi-state accounts, as required.
- Communicates completed audit information with contact and ensures results are understood.
- Reviews policy information by referring to Workers Compensation manuals, class codes and rules and prepares for audit in determining insured's correct operations.
- Notifies business unit of necessary changes in entities, officers, partners, etc. to ensure that policy is properly endorsed.
- Maintains confidentiality of information processed.
- Works with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrate progressive responsibility and technical knowledge applying principles based on experience.
- Work on complex problems which have broader impact.
- Independently resolve situations.
- Contribute effectively in cross functional teams; may take on leadership role.
- Demonstrate proper collaboration in exchange of relevant elements with other disciplines (e.g., claims, underwriting).
- Develop recommendations to change existing policies/programs.
- Demonstrate well-developed conflict management/negotiation and presentation skills.
- Provide assistance with training, development and mentoring of premium audit staff.